Friends of GNOME Idea

I came across a blog post[1] this morning that featured the names of a dozen significant open source documentation writers (No, this isn't self promotion as I was on the list).

What struck me about the blog post was they have a "retweet" button you can hit that automatically takes the user to Twitter and auto-fills their status message.  Is this functionality we could add to the Friends of GNOME site after a user donates?  Something like:

"Thank you for donating to GNOME!  Tell your friends how you support GNOME" and click here to go to Twitter or Identi.ca and then it's autofilled with "I just became a Friend of GNOME!  Learn more here:  www.gnome.org/friends"

Does anyone know how to do it?  All I could tell from the blog is that it was some kind of _javascript_ magic.

Paul

1 - http://www.dmncommunications.com/weblog/?p=1518