Re: Content Milestone - Mapping

Hey,

Good stuff! Some quick comments inline. Removed what I didn't comment on.

2009/5/27 Paul Cutler <pcutler foresightlinux org>:
Thanks to everyone on the marketing list, but especially Stormy, Lucas and
Claus for helping with this, and helping me bring it together.

The original pages to be included in the wgo revamp can be found here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/TwoPointTwentyseven/Content

I'd keep only the new content structure stuff in this page and have a
list of links for the previous discussions on wgo content. This would
make this page less confusing for new contributors.

We have reviewed the current pages, and are making a recommendation to
revamp these pages significantly.

Suggestion: map what can be reused from the previous content and how
they could fit on the newly proposed structure. IMO, we should reuse
as much content as possible.

Download (Index provides overview on the subpages.)

• Distributions
• Installation
• Live Images (torrents.gnome.org)
• GNOME applications on Microsoft Windows
• GNOME applications on Mac OS X

I'd like to see the Windows/MacOS bits postoned now. I think they
deserve a bit more thought (together with the whole apps content in
wgo).

I need to update the milestones to better match the proposed structure.

--lucasr