Re: Become a friend of GNOME button

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 17:08, Claus Schwarm <clschwarm googlemail com> wrote:
I may be wrong, but it seems to me, Jaap has something different in mind.
What about:

(1) Moving Paul's "embedding code" to a separate page, say
"wgo/friends/spread.html". At least the last two badges could also be used
by everybody who wants to support the friends of GNOME program.

(2) Offering different image sizes (standard ad sizes) so that they are more
prominent and fit into other people's layout.

(3) Linking the "friends/spread.html" page from the main friends of gnome
page: "Are you running a blog or website? You can help GNOME also by
spreading the word about the Friends of GNOME program."

(4) Making an announcement of the new page (GNOME's main mailing list or a
blog on planet.gnome.org). I guess not many people within the GNOME
community know these badges exist.

(5) Adding these badges where we can now: in the sidebar of live.gnome.org,
in a new sidebar of the GNOME Journal, in the footer of planet.gnome.org, in
the footer of gnomesupport.org/forums/, in the footer of bugzilla.gnome.org,
etc..

Later, we might be able to set up a separate (dynamic) infrastructure to
serve these ads. Then, we could then switch announcements, maybe even track
reactions. But there's no need to wait for that.

Best regards,
Claus

Claus you read my mind

I've now committed the code of Paul with a couple of minor changes in
the html to git. The page http://www.gnome.org/friends/thank-you.html
should show up soon I guess. I don't know how often the website is
synced from git (Anybody knows??)

One thing I changed is the "alt" tag of the image. I've put there
"Become a friend of GNOME". That way if you google on that exact
string you can get an indication of how many badges are on the web.

Jaap