Re: New Project: GNOME YouTube Video Contest

Em Ter, 2009-03-17 às 14:32 -0600, Stormy Peters escreveu:
So how about ...
      * a GNOME video contest
      * several categories: best demo, funniest, most GNOME love,
        mobile, ...
      * videos submitted to a GNOME website (like the Linux Foundation
        one,
        http://video.linuxfoundation.org/category/video-category/-linux-foundation-video-contest)
      * submitters agree that to a creative commons type license (LF
        used Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution license) that enables us
        to display the video at a conference and repost to blip.tv and
        YouTube.
      * winners decided by a panel of judges
      * Contest is open from May 1, 2009-June 30th.
      * Winners announced and videos displayed at GUADEC and winning
        video displayed on the GNOME homepage for 2 weeks.
      * Winner of each category gets airfare to the event of their
        choosing in the next year. (Don't have budget for this yet.)
        Thoughts?
Alternatively, we could have a video of the month, every month. And
the winner gets something ... and then have a best video of the year
award and that person gets ...

Stormy

I second the idea, it's really amazing.

One suggestion though: Will it possible to organize videos by language?
I mean, Brazil has lots, lots of GNOME users, and I'm sure lots of
Brazilian people will want to make videos and other lots will want to
watch them.

Jonh Wendell
http://www.bani.com.br