GNOME 3.0 Marketing Campaigns

Hi, I'm hoping to keep the conversation going around marketing ideas for GNOME 3.0.

To follow up on the brief [2] I posted a couple weeks ago, I'd like to discuss potential marketing campaigns around 3.0.  Claus actually put together the first campaign idea a couple months ago [1], and I also added a couple.

These are meant to get the conversation started, including the campaign, slogan, and marketing vehicles we could in the campaigns.

We need to agree on a campaign and slogan, define what marketing vehicles we want to use and the timing, and find volunteers to build the content and market the campaign.  I've updated the Marketing brainstorming page with links to three campaign ideas at:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeThreeBrainstorming

The first campaign is Claus' original idea he posted to the list, and the third campaign needs to be fleshed out a bit more, but it's similar to the second idea.

Please post your feedback, suggestions and recommendations.

I need to finish up a draft of the marketing calendar that takes the campaign to the next step, and lays out some timelines for developing the content for the campaign and deploying it in sync with the GNOME 2.28 / 3.0 development cycle.

Paul

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2009-April/msg00091.html
[2] http://live.gnome.org/MarketingBrief2009