Re: Linux Foundation membership brings linux.com email address

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 04:36, Diego Escalante Urrelo<diegoe gnome org> wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-12 at 15:04 -0600, Stormy Peters wrote:
The Linux Foundation is giving out linux.com email addresses in return
for donations. As an incentive.

So the question I have to ask:

Should we give Friends of GNOME, maybe monthly subscribers, gnome.org
email addresses?

I personally prefer to keep it as a foundation-members-only benefit.
Otherwise you suddenly find out a huge number of people writing from
@gnome.org that you don't really know, it breaks most visible part of
the idea of foundation membership as a network of trust I think (given
that now you require the confidence of 2 members that vouch for you and
your work to get in).

I agree with this you should not be able to buy a gnome.org email
address you should deserve it

Jaap