Re: Premium sponsor ship offerings [WAS Re: recruiting sponsors]

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:
I am proposing that we in no way create any appearance of a link between sponsoring the GNOME Foundation and being on the advisory board. They're not the same thing.

A note. It's quite common for nonprofits to require that directors donate money. So a donation doesn't mean a seat, but an invitation to a seat means you have to donate. (And usually those people are asked to help fundraise.)

So we could say something like Board of Advisors is by invite only. Sponsorship at XYZ level is required of all advisors.

As another note, I believe the advisors would be more than willing to talk to potential sponsors for us. One of the Intel guys has offered several times.

Stormy