On Epiphany marketing, and income opportunities

Hello Marketing list,

I wanted to draw attention on an issue that it's been mentioned
before. Which is trying to get some money out of the default search
engine used in epiphany. Obviously, we won't get as much money as the
Mozilla Foundation out of this, but it'll be worth knowing how much
can we make out of it and there are other upsides about it besides the
income.

I think that with a marketing campaign similar to friends of GNOME
targeted to GNOME users remarking that the usage of Epiphany can help
the foundation and the project would actually give loads of users a
reason to use _our_ browser. Keep in mind that Epiphany is way better
integrated with GNOME than Firefox, and it's part of our Desktop
suite, so we should be encouraging its use.

Any thoughts about this? Does it sound like a good plan?

--
Un saludo,
Alberto Ruiz