Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

Hi,

Lefty (石鏡 ) wrote:
On the vaguely related note of "stuff we discussed at GUADEC but haven't
done much about", the point was raised on the foundation-list by Miguel that
we don't have a line-up of representatives to respond to press stories such
as the recent coverage of the set-to on that list over Planet GNOME.

We do have an email alias for this - gnome-press-contact - which points
to another email list - marketing-private gnome org

Than list has a very small number of members - at one stage it was
myself & Jeff Waugh. I don't know who's on there now, I assume I still
am, since I still see press requests.

Stormy clearly has to be on the list; Dave Neary has volunteered (not
media-trained); I'm willing as well (and I have had media training...)

I have media training, in that I have dealt with the media :) Just no
formal media training.

I could _possibly_ put together a quick media training session, on the order
of 90 minutes or so, but--for better or worse--it's the kind of thing that
needs to be done face-to-face: I can't do it either on the phone or via
email. Maybe at GUADEC this summer?

Big +1 from me.

We could also run a half day speaker's workshop, which I'd be happy to
lead, to get people presenting better (the same as they do in OSCON -
with Damien Conway no less).

Relatedly, we need a list of media contacts, and a plan for cultivating more
of them.

Now that we have a CRM, that will help. I have a healthy list of
journalists I've dealt with over the years. Now if only there were more
hours in the day...

Cheers,
Dave.

--