Re: Foundation Spokespeople (was FW: "Private Foundation-List" Petition for referendum)

On 12/16/09 5:56 AM, "Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier" <jzb zonker net> wrote:

I think there's a page on the GNOME site with a list of PR contacts here:

http://www.gnome.org/press/

It does need to be updated, I passed some info on to Stormy and I
think she's passed that on to the right parties.

Yeah, that's a pretty limited list of national contacts. For general
inquiries, though, we should make sure we have sufficient coverage. We also
need to think about how active we want to be in chasing down and correcting
misinformation, etc...

(On the subject of active-ness, has anyone given any thought to things like
attempting to chase down industry analyst-types at places like ABI, IDC,
etc., in order to present GNOME and where it stands in the industry? When I
talk about LiMo to analysts, which I do with some reasonable regularity, I
bring up GNOME and explain how it relates...)

We should also verify that the people on the page are still current
with GNOME & ready to answer typical questions.

Indeed.

I could _possibly_ put together a quick media training session, on the order
of 90 minutes or so, but--for better or worse--it's the kind of thing that
needs to be done face-to-face: I can't do it either on the phone or via
email. Maybe at GUADEC this summer?

Also volunteering for this. I have a bit of experience in this area as
well. :-)

Cool. We should get on the program. =D

Relatedly, we need a list of media contacts, and a plan for cultivating more
of them.

Yep. Since we seem to be putting in a CRM system already, it would be
good to start putting people in there, I think.

Yeah, good idea.

Press lists do tend to go out of date quickly. I'm willing to help
curate this a bit.

I can help with this as well...