Re: GNOME Merchandise Process

Hi,

Brian Cameron wrote:
Looking at the available resources on this topic, it does not seem that
we have any sort of policy for how to respond to such requests:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/Merchandising
  http://live.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/MerchandisingAgreement
  http://live.gnome.org/Trademark

My opinion in the past has been that anyone asking to sell GNOME
merchandising should be able to get a trademark license for a reasonable
price (say 10% of revenues) - we have a contract we drafted for a
jeweller who wanted to make GNOME branded jewellery a while back, I
don't think they ever came to market, as long as we have not got a GNOME
Store that's official.

Once we have an official GNOME store, it's reasonable that we not give
trademark licences to people who will be directly competing against the
store in markets it services.

Cheers,
Dave.

--