Re: Friends of GNOME Merchandise Queen or King needed (Was: GNOME US Event Box)

On 12/09/2009 04:17 PM, Stormy Peters wrote:
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org
<mailto:stormy gnome org>> wrote:

    For those interested in helping out, we are also looking for someone
    to send out Friends of GNOME gifts. I'm hoping this can mostly be
    done through our Zazzle store once it's up and running but right now
    it means maintaining our stash of goodies (stickers, tshirts, mugs,
    etc) and mailing them out every couple of weeks to people that have
    donated to Friends of GNOME. If you are interested, let me know.

I wonder if doing it through zazzle will be too expensive?

On the other hand, if going to do it through zazzle, and we're talking about a month or two from now, then maybe we don't need to find anyone?

Brian Cameron suggested that we should offer an incentive to take this job.

Besides the obvious one of:
* First access to all the gifts. And perhaps you'd need to try one of
each out to make sure the quality was good?

What other incentives do people would think would be attractive? Some
that Brian and I thought of:
* A title.
* Recommendations on LinkedIn for your work.
* Guaranteed travel sponsorship to GUADEC. (Or event of your choosing.)
* Cash payment.

Thoughts?

Before making it too enticing, this is a US-only "position", right? Should make it clear.

Cheers,
behdad

Stormy