CRM setup: need your review

Now that we have CiviCRM installed on gnome.org (yeah! thanks, Jeff!), we need to set it up for our use cases.

I created a document with some of the work flows and data structures I think we need[1].

Please REVIEW THE DOCUMENT and see if there are any other use cases that should be added. (If you have experience setting up data like this, let me know. Otherwise I'm going to ask the CiviCRM folks for help.)

Thanks,

Stormy

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/CRM/CRMsetup

Here's the text. Feel free to edit the wiki directly or respond in this email.

Work Processes

Data Fields and Types

Groups & Tags

You will need to organize your contacts, and categorise them into subsets. No matter how well your plan this, you will have to create new categories as your organisation (and how you use your CRM) evolves. You can use either groups or tags or custom fields to categorise your contacts. Get yourself familiar with these, so you are able to choose the best option for your situation. Tags are the simplest form of categorization. Groups can be used for mailing lists and can be restricted via access control, or used to grant access. Custom fields can be used to store arbitrary data about your contacts.

I'm not sure how we want to do this. I can see groups around types of people and types of projects/teams.