Do you have time to see how Ford and Hewlett could help GNOME's mission?

I put out an email to the Foundation list asking if people were interested in applying for grants. I didn't get a lot of concrete ideas to work with. I was thinking maybe we could approach it from the other direction.

Wikimedia has recently gotten grants from the Ford Foundation[1] and the Hewlett Foundation[2].

Is anyone interested in exploring what they give grants for and how GNOME projects might fit into their mission? $800,000 would be a huge help to GNOME's mission to provide a free desktop to the world.

Stormy

[1] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Wikimedia_Ford_Foundation_Grant_July_2009
[2] http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Press_releases/Hewlett_Foundation_grant_August_2009