Re: www.gnome.org redesign status

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Paul Cutler
<pcutler foresightlinux org> wrote:
I'd like to propose that we follow up on Vincent's comments and form a
small team to investigate if any other solutions might be a better
fit.  It's possible in the last 2 1/2 years the technology and the
members in the community might have changed enough that we might want
to think about choosing a new CMS, based on the original requirements
at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/CmsRequirements.  My first instinct
would be to evaluate Plone, Midgard (as it came in #2 last time ) and
Drupal (as it seems to have grown greatly in its use over the last
couple of years, and the major reason it wasn't chosen was i18n which
may have changed in this time).

This may qualify as bikeshedding but I'd also suggest looking at
elgg.org (a GPL-licensed social networking platform). It isn't a
traditional CMS by any stretch, so might be quickly dismissable as not
meeting most of the requirements, but it might be worth rethinking
what gnome.org would look like if it were primarily a tool for a gnome
*community*.

Luis