Re: Plans for Ubuntu Release and GNOME download?

On 29 Sep 2008, at 16:14, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi,

Thilo Pfennig wrote:
I like to know or suggest that GNOME will also announce the availability of GNOME 2.24 in Ubuntu - as this will be AFAIK the first major distro which will give the users the new GNOME. I think at least this should be
mentioned somewhere on the homepage.

Thanks again for your suggestion Thilo. For completeness, Ubuntu 8.10 is
due to release on October 30th (just before Hallowe'en... scary).

GNOME 2.24 will also be included in OpenSuse 11.1 and Fedora, major
distributions both, due for release respectively on Dec 18th and Nov
25th. It will also be in an upcoming Mandriva 2009 (due out on Oct 9th -
before Ubuntu, in fact).

And also OpenSolaris 2008.11, to be released in November (don't know the exact date yet, though...)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team