Re: Cultural Issue with the Foot Logo

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 1:26 AM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

Maybe you could contact the GNOME Art team. They could make some
suggestions. Don't focus on the "Gnome" idea. Few people think of small
mythical beings when they think of GNOME. Unfortunately, I don't have a
good suggestion. Some other form of "G", maybe?

In my vague memory, some GNOME 1.x versions used to use a flower
logo at the main menu. And after some search, I've found some
evidences:

  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000400-jacob-big
  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000518-iain-big
  http://www.gnome.org/images/screenshots/20000520-ole-big

I don't know the reason behind this. And GDM also provides a flower
theme in its stock. Probably, it associates with garden gnomes?

Anyway, can we use the flower as a secondary logo for GNOME?

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
http://linux.thai.net/~thep/