Re: GNOME Mug Update

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 16:21 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

Lucas Rocha wrote:
Some initial ideas:

  - "GNOME Milk" (With a white cow full of black GNOME foot marks)
  - "GNOME: the official desktop of happy people" (with the usual smiley)
  - "Fuel for GNOME Hacking" (Coffee Bean with a GNOME Foot)

Any other ideas?

Worth remembering: there are inks that turn transparent when hot, which
allow you to have a logo covering up something underneath (this is just
an idea).

Yes, I believe this is often used for designs that we would
consider, well, inappropriate.  I would like to follow up on
Andreas's sentiment by vetoing all use of naked garden gnomes.

On a more productive note, I've always loved the "official
desktop of happy people" tag line.  It's very positive, and
very mass-appeal.  Although I do think the Gnome logo should
be on the mug.  Maybe reverse side?

I would avoid hacking-oriented mugs (for FOG, at least.  They
could be great for sale.)  Our Friends might not be hackers.
They might just be grateful and satisfied users.  We certainly
don't want the Gnome image to be hackers-only.

--
Shaun