Re: random request: security & GNOME angles?

On 28 Jul 2008, at 18:20, Dave Neary wrote:

Hi Stormy,

Stormy Peters wrote:
I get requests from reporters sometimes to talk about random open source topics, like open source applications used by governments or security.
I've gotten several in the last month or two about security. Can you
think of or point me to any security-related GNOME stuff that I could
drop in at the appropriate moment during those interviews?

I would talk to the Red Hat SELinux guys. Jonathan Blandford will know
them better than me if you ask him.

And also, Sun's Trusted GNOME Desktop[1] guys-- secure desktops are a pretty important market for Solaris. Best contact there is probably Stephen Browne (cc'ed).

Cheeri,
Calum.

[1] Bit out of date now, but some info at http://blogs.sun.com/Stephen/entry/trusted_jds_screenshots

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team