Re: I helped improve Gnome and all I got...

Le lundi 21 janvier 2008, à 20:41 -0500, Behdad Esfahbod a écrit :
On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 06:47 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

| We've been doing this already.  That is, local groups have been doing
| this already.  And board has been paying on a case by case basis.  See
| recent GNOME-FR requests for example.

Err no no. What I meant was that instead of shipping stuff from US
(unless it is for an US based "recognition"), how about empowering the
local groups to do the swag according to the design and then reimbursing
that ? Every 10 USD saved [in shipping] can turn out to be useful. This
would also bring the silent (and invisible to community locally ?)
contributors to the forefront and get both the local groups and them
interacting.

Sounds useful.  Lets for example start this with one France and India
and see how it works.

Well. Printing 10 good quality t-shirts in France will be expensive, so
I'm not sure it will cost less in the end than printing 500 t-shirts in
the US and shipping them... Ok, could be a bit less, but not that much.

Also, I fail to understand the "US based recognition" argument. It's not
a t-shirt coming from the US, but a t-shirt coming from GNOME. Or the
GNOME Foundation. And GNOME and the GNOME Foundation are not US things,
but worldwide things.

Don't get me wrong: I love and support the idea, and I'm sure GNOME-FR
would participate if that's the way things will be done. (GNOME-FR gave
free t-shirts for Foundation members last year at FOSDEM, so that's
definitely something we'd love to see)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.