Gnome Live CD - Constructive suggestion from a newbie on Linux

Constructive suggestion from a newbie on Linux

Some time ago I tried Kaella live CD (version may 2007), I found the KDE 3.5 interface rather premitive.
So I wanted to try a Gnome live CD.

One speaks much about Ubuntu, but it appears not to have a live CD with the latest Gnome 2.22.
So Google found Mandrake, but the site was so ill disgned that amongst the lastest version, I didn't know if I would download a Gnome or KDE one. It appears to be the KDE 3.5 version (April 2008), which was so way slower to boot and run than the Kaella version. So much, that it turned me off the tried the Gnome one; probably luckily for Gnome community.

This time in Google choice send me to the Gnome website.
So I want to point 2 issues:
1/ apparently the latest version 2.22 is still under preparation, seems strange that it is still in preparation, but OK.
2/ as with others live CD, the website is not listing what's on the live CD, i.e. I wish to see something as
Gnome 2.22.
OpenOffice 2.4
Audacity 1.3.4
Gcompris ....

So my points are the following:

1/ you communicate to a community who knows, if you want to reach as you claim 10% of the market, you ought to communicate for newbies, because the meaning of communication is the response you get...

2/ live cd must be well designed, in terms of speed, otherwise you leave people with a bad impression - I throwed Madrake to the bin, but I kept Kaella in case of ....

3/ live cd must be well designed, in terms of software choice, don't provide like Kaella a few programs to read text or videos, the very first concern when ones tries something, it to see that it works! Not that you have several way to do it, that's a more experienced step.

Hope that it won't hurt your feelings, as I know it's lost of personal efforts & emotions to develop what you do, but just want to be factual to ground principles if you to break into the world.

Philippe