Re: Boosting Friends of GNOME in 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 23:53 +0300, Lucas Rocha wrote:
3. Prepare a program for long-term donors

The idea is to provide ways to easily make monthly donations. We'll
provide ways for donating 5, 10, 20 or 50 per month (this might change
but that's the general idea) through Paypal.

The donor would receive the benefit after the last payment. In other words:
- If a person donates 5, 10, or 20 per month, he/she would get a mug
- If a person donates 50 per month, he/she would get a t-shirt

We could give the benefits in advance but then it could be cancelled
just after starting...

Thinking about it again, I think we should send the gift up front.  It's
just so much nicer a message than "hey, we don't send you your gift such
that you don't cancel, because you know, we don't trust you".  And the
gift's value is less than one or two monthly payments, so we're not
talking about net loss here.

4. Promoting Friends of GNOME

After we have everything setup (mugs, t-shirts and long-term donation
program), make a nice campaign to get short-term and long-term donors.
The equation (in the mug and t-shirt) would be the "moto" for this
campaign.

Comments? More ideas?

--lucasr

[1] http://www.gnome.org/img/flash/gnome-equation.png