Re: Including Arabic translation in release notes

Hi Djihed,
Have you checked that both fonts and writing support works well for the
arabic language with the major distributions that use GNOME? For
example, Fedora and Ubuntu?
The end users will be using these distributions with GNOME 2.18, once
they become available towards the end of April.

All the best,
Simos

Simos,

I use ubuntu which displays Arabic very well using the default Dejavu
fonts. I know that both Debian, Suse and Fedora now deploy Dejavu by
default. Dejavu has thankfully pretty much solved most arabic font
issues. (there are still a few things to address, but they are not
showstoppers.)

We also provide a set of arabic fonts (packaged for debian, and IIRC
fedora as well), see:
http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot
And there are also the farsiweb fonts.

Djihed