Re: Release notes and wgo revamp

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 00:04:17 +0200
"Quim Gil" <quimgil gmail com> wrote:

There is a lot of work to do and we don't seem to progress much (or at
least not as much as we need to deliver something good by March 14th)

We need to be clever reciclyng as much work as possible. Here is a
proposal to have something ready that is better than the current
website and is also easily extensible to continue working on the 15th
onwards.

 [...]

Does this plan make sense? Ideas?

Hi!

If I understand correctly, you want to move WGO to the new system
althought you didn't convert any of the old content yet. I wonder
whether this is a sensible appoach.

For example, what happens to the old URLs that other pages and sites
link to? Didn't we say the revamp should not break stuff if possible?

Also, I don't understand what you mean by keeping the release notes
"simple and create part of their content as GNOME Products pages".

Maybe, it's better to look straight at the facts: Moving to the Plone
system now will just make things worse. Try doing it for 2.20

Cheers,
Claus