Re: Re-inventing the GNOME Marketing team

Le mardi 24 avril 2007, à 10:10, Shaun McCance a écrit :
On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 22:37 -0400, Ken VanDine wrote:
Based on the feedback the GMAE thread, let me suggest we re-invent
ourselves.  I think it is obvious we are needed, but right now we
really don't have a direction.  Let's fix this!  We have the power to
do it... we just need to do it.

Let's organize a brain storming session to get the ball rolling.  We
should gather a list of major areas of responsibilty, and then get
folks to take some organization around them and define real goals and
measure our success.

How does a IRC meeting sound?  I know that can be hard with all the
timezones, but the initial brain storming might be more effective
live.  I am happy to organize this and do whatever else I can do to
get us moving forward.  I truely believe we can make a difference, but
without goals we are going no where.

Thoughts?

Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you the
following two things are critical to making IRC meetings
work well:

1) Have an agenda and follow it.
2) Send details minutes to the mailing list afterward.

and 3) Assign clear actions to real people during the meeting
(as some people already pointed out)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.