Re: Spreading the press release/release announcement and collecting press coverage

Hi,

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:21:34 +0200
Dave Neary <dneary free fr> wrote:

To my mind that is definitely a bigger "feature" than "we will have
more eye candy in future releases thanks to optional XGL support in
Metacity".

Note that a performance page was written. It looked like this:

 http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen/ReleaseNotes/TwoSixteenPerformance

This is what could be made after feedback from a helpful Evolution
developer. Read it and ask yourself how many people are really
affected by these improvements. I'm not sure whether that would have
been sufficient to produce the headlines you're thinking of.

Of course, that should not mean that 'eye candy' was the best headline
to pick -- however, nobody was able to suggest a better one, back then.

Cheers,
Claus