Re: LayoutPlan Clarification

On Mon, 2006-18-09 at 09:57 +0200, Quim Gil wrote:
On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 21:18 -0600, Gezim Hoxha wrote:
On another note, if we look at the Webpersonas wikipage[1], we'll see
that out of 5 personas, 3 have zero, 1 has low to medium, and 1 has
medium free software awareness. Is the layout designed in a way to serve
these people best?[2]

We are doing everything thinking primarily in our primary audience,
defined at
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/UseCases#head-f5818f5557175b3c85695eae3325131566b11c98

Good that you mention Web Personas. I was waiting a good moment to
request the personas fans to start making them work for our website. The
five personas listed at http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/WebPersonas need
an updated, they were proposed a long time ago before any other
reference.

Now only 2 of the 5 personas could be considered primary targets,
belonging to 2 of the 5 user types we are targeting. We can start
testing the wgo plans against the current 5 personas, but we need a
better representation.

Gezim, would you like to help as Personas' Advocate?

Yes, I'd like to do that.
By Wednesday, I'll have the personas updated and we'll go from there. If
anyone else wants to help, the personas descriptions should be modelled
after the ones in The Glasswall document by BBC [1]. In fact, I think
that's a great document and everyone involved in wgo revamp should read
it.

-Gezim

[1] http://homepage.mac.com/eyedropper/docs/glasswall.pdf