Re: 2.16 splash screen and logos

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 22:06 +0200, karderio wrote:
The splash seems to use a distorted foot, when compared to the foot on
the top left of the site. This is to be avoided, according to the logo
guidelines[1], which seems very understandable.

I don't think the foot itself is distorted, if you're talking about
aspect ratio. One is only a couple of pixels bigger than the other each
way.

Or are you talking about some other aspect?

That said, there appears to be a new logo on the guidelines page, which
seems to be the one on the splash. Has GNOME got a new logo ? Is this
logo in different proportions to the old one ?

It's simply a different font, as I understand it, and the one on the
splash seems to be the old font laid out side-by-side as in the new one.

It's a shame the new font wasn't used.

Cheers,

Alex.