Re: The wgo CMS can't wait more

On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 13:45 +0300, Henri Bergius wrote:
Midgard has a system called MultiLang which allows content to be stored
with multiple translation. A language has to be selected to be the default
language (lang0) on top of which the other translations are made.

This sounds interesting.  I know that for my vision of GNOME Journal I
wanted to have translated articles so that we aren't just stuck with a
single language.  We are currently using TextPattern which does the job,
but not what I've envisioned.  However, I have not been able to find an
alternative short of a xslt/xmlpo/makefile system that makes it hard for
other people to learn.

- An enjoyable learning curve, good documentation for admins and editors
and responsive support is also needed so new contributors can start
helping without learning an obscure bible.

The Midgard Documentation wiki
(http://www.midgard-project.org/documentation/) and the IRC channel
(#midgard in freenode) are good places to start.

I'll browse that.  Thanks.

- Experienced contributors willing to install, custom and assist the
2.18 release, from now until the end in March.

I would like to offer the services of my company, Nemein for this on pro
bono basis.

An intriguing offer that I hope Quim and others takes you up on.  I know
for about two years or so you've been doing some GNOME integration with
Midgard.  What kind of stuff have you been doing?  I find that part very
interesting, especially if we can manage our web pages using desktop
technology.

Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>