Re: community.gnome.org (was Re: [Fwd: GnomeWeb 2.18 goals])

--- Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

On Mon, 2006-10-23 at 09:34 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:

What on earth is community.gnome.org?

As for today it is a launcher from the general nav
bar to the "GNOME is
People" subsites:

      * Planet GNOME
      * GUADEC and other event subsites if
appropriate i.e. Foro Brazil
      * The GNOME Foundation
      * ... and all the official regional sites.

I believe there is potential content to justify such
subdomain, although
I haven't got the time to extract yet the related
use cases. However, it
is clear that we are going late and short of
resources on this 2.18
release, so maybe we could do something a bit more
straightforward by
now:

- Take out Community from the General nav bar and
add Planet and
Foundation.
- Link GUADEC and other event subsites from
news.gnome.org ("News" in
the General nav bar)
- Create a page in wgo under About or Get Involved
listing the regional
subsites.

The General nav bar would be then:

(GNOME logo) | News | Planet | Projects | Art |
Support | Development |
Foundation

Foundation being on the General nav bar is probably a
good thing.
Other than that, it's getting long and messy.

Put Planet in with News.
Shame about the regional sites getting hidden. As some
of them carry news, maybe link them from News also.