Re: [Fwd: GnomeWeb 2.18 goals]

--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

<quote who="Joachim Noreiko">

Those ideas never needed to be in opposition, but
were pushed that way. They
are not mutually exclusive.

Fair enough.
But then what's your objection? Using the projects.g.o
subdomain?

That doesn't have to imply Yet Another
Subdomain.

Ok, then let's stick it at wgo/support. But
wgo/support is a general page
that points to forums, to irc, other support
channels etc. So we're
putting it at wgo/forums?

What's wrong with www.gnomesupport.org? There's no
reason it can't integrate
with the new site design, implementation,
infrastructure, or all of the
above.

I think it's confusing to pop out of the gnome.org
family of URLs.
Surely a completely different domain is even worse
than a subdomain?

Anyway, I don't fully understand some of the issues
involved, such as why it's bad to use subdomains, and
it's monday morning... I'll leave this to Quim to
answer :)