Re: Header design mock 11/10

--- Calum Benson <Calum Benson Sun COM> wrote:

- (Wearing noob user's hat) Some of the links seem a
bit vague, e.g.
what's the difference between the News link and the
news I'm looking at
on the home page, and why should I ever need to
visit an About page--
shouldn't all the other pages cover everything
'about' GNOME that I'd
(Btw, has anyone done any
card-sorting type
exercises to check that the categories we think make
sense are the ones
our target audience thinks make sense?)

No, we haven't.
The breakdown of the wgo site navigation is here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/NewWgoStructure

This was actually agreed last cycle, and we're almost
at the stage of writing the content.
But if you feel we should do that, then I suppose we
can. Although I don't know if anyone other than you
has the experience and the resources to do any
card-sorting  -- I for one wouldn't have a clue where
to begin.