Not for me and maybe a lot of other people

Friends,

I get the designated 'stable' garnome release 2.14 and tried to get it to
work.  It did not.  I went back and eventually get 2.14.1 which should have
solved a lot of problems.  Well many MBs (I pay for b/w) later and many hours
spent after blocking out some of the packages  (Evolution, ekiga, etc.),
downloading packages that are missing or outside of the scope to it it to
compile further, I came to the conclusion it is not worth my while.

The final straw that broke the camel's back sounds like this:
"plug-in-run.h:25:11: missing terminating ' character"

Maybe you'll solve the problems eventually, I don't know but I will not be
around.

If you guys maybe thought about the following you could get it further:
1. Is the current approach not one of a bloated system? 2.6GB and counting....
2. If I don't need connection to M$ Exchange why would must I be forced to
build that into GNOME?  Is that not like M$'s approach with the IE
controversy of a few years back?
3. Although I used glasses to read, I don't need a magnifier and/or Braille!
4. Do you know how difficult it is to find a solution to a compilation problem
and then you read statements which sound like "Take it or leave it...".  That
is the first policy of M$.
5. Although English is not my language of choice, I don't want all of the
rest, like spanish, french, mandarin, etc.  Why not give one the option at
the beginning to select the ones you want?  I don't build on my machine for
the world.

Well I gave you my five cents.  Enjoy the process, but you are going to have
trouble to market GNOME as a viable alternative if the 'stable' version fails
to compile.

Kind regards,

Louis.