Re: Writing the 2.16 release notes (and press release)

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:11:29 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

What about writing Release Notes consisting of a first summary page
and links to secondary pages... being that summary page the Press
release?

You mean: as a theoretical possibility? I admit, the front (or first)
page of the release notes looks a little bit boring, IIRC [1].

On the other hand, this are two different audiences: Press people often
don't have enought space for detail stuff so they want meaning, and a
maybe a good quote [2]. The slashdot crowd reading the release notes
want a good overview on the relevant changes. I can't imaging how to
satiesfy these two requirements in a single page.

Although, it might be worth a try. Just say how you'd like to do it.

Cheers,
Claus

[1] The first page in gone on the web. Maybe someone like to have a
look what's wrong?

[2] Might be good idea to drop the company-like quotes we usually have
and try to get something more authentic (or even geeky) -- sort of:
"What do think is the most important improvement for this release?";
answered by prominent members of our community.