Re: GNOME logo: example on dark background

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 13:21 +0100, Andreas Nilsson wrote:
Here is the inverted logo anyway.
http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnomelogo-inverted.svg

This is just the regular logo in white. I guess people will already find
it easy to change the colour.

I'm cc marketing list with this mail (hi people!).
Well, I think we should at least recommend the inverted one in the logo
guidelines,

Yes, let's make a .png of that, suggesting that people change the colour
of the supplied SVG. Until we have a "corporate design" with colors and
fonts, we are making absolutely no recommendations about the colors that
people should use.

 as it do actually display better on dark backgrounds.
The problem with the glowing logo
(http://ramnet.se/~nisse/diverse/temp/gnome-darkbg.svg) is that it is
made in such a way that it is impossible to blow it up in size too much
without it looking wacky as the glow is made up of several
semi-transparent objects.
- Andreas

I see what you mean. I put a coloured square behind it and made it
bigger. The glow is 2 or 3 copies of the logo with different
transparencies and different sizes. I guess what we really need is some
kind of radial gradient transparency. Maybe you could ask the Inkscape
people if this is possible. For now, it's maybe not a good idea to
provide this as an example.

Would it be less "weird" and more resizable with just a single simple
white border around the black logo?

Thanks lots.

--
Murray Cumming