Re: slogan poll

hi,

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 10:01 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
I'll put a poll on gnomdesktop about the slogan suggestions.

found it: http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2506 ;-)

I've picked some out of the previous marketing-list and gnomedesktop
comments. So far I have:
[...]

looking at the page, the last comment is dated 2005-12-11.
so, any conclusion i am not aware of?
if not yet, how would a decision be made? do we use different slogans
depending on target segmentation (/me is con)?
where did this discussion lead us to (nothing till now, i guess)? how
would a decision look like - something like the guadec logo contest
(three proposals are taken and people can vote for them)? other ideas,
anyone?

Am I missing anything? I think we want to choose a postive memorable
slogan that can be used on a series of little visual GNOME user quotes or
stories.

i go for "gnome - come to where the love is". that came to my mind today
(don't ask me why, i was sober indeed), and so i picked up this old
thread here and added my two cents.
the slogan covers the reason why one should switch from windows, it
includes motivation, it's also a bit inspirational and unfortunately, it
is not business related at all. but 2 1/2 out of 4 are quite okay to me.
and at least google did not find any company using it already, just a
few musicians calling their songs like that. :-)

cheers,
andre

PS: i still like the idea of having a kind of default signature graphic
for evolution like "composed by evolution - part of the gnome
desktop.\nwww.gnome.org - $SLOGAN" to have another viral marketing
approach (see bug 216931). but that's a totally different issue, and i
want to have a slogan first before bugging people who know how to use
image manipulation programs or write c code. ;-)

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de