Re: Fwd: How do we want to do GNOME Marketing?

--- Thilo Pfennig <tpfennig gmail com> wrote:

Well, I don't really see "blocking". I think we will
not increase
awarenesss of GNOME from our website. The websites
are a mess - but
whoever visits GNOME websites has at least some idea
of why he visits
these pages.

I mean that working on GnomeWeb is the first step
towards those two goals, and we can't get much done on
those goals until the new GnomeWeb is up.

Do
you mean making GNOME more visible and the
distributors wanting to
show their logos/brand are in conflict?

In a way, yes.
When a user boots Ubuntu, they see the Ubuntu splash,
the Ubuntu desktop background, and the Ubuntu logo on
the panel. And that's as it should be -- otherwise,
they'd say 'Hey, I put in an Ubuntu CD, what's this
Gnome stuff?'
But at the same time, a lot of these users don't know
that they're using the Gnome desktop.