Re: Completing the release notes

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:02:36 +0200
Quim Gil <qgil desdeamericaconamor org> wrote:

By the end of today the 2.16 release notes should be ready for English
corrections and translation.

Claus, where do you need help?

Please point pages as soon as you consider them finished so we can
peer review.

Just remove all loose ends if you like to finish it. It's wiki. I'll
try to get some info about the Totem and Eye of GNOME changes before
that.

If you like to help, you can do so by writing the preview on 2.18:

 http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointFifteen/ReleaseNotes/TwoEighteenRoadmap

otherwise we would need to drop that as well.

The front page promo is rather complete. I have no good idea for a
beginning yet but I'm open to ideas. If everythink fails, re-edit the
second paragraph to make it the beginning.

The front page promo is the only page where I would welcome feedback
right now. Would be nice to hear whether it should be less marketing
lingo. If it's too much promotion for the release notes, we would need
to remove it, and move the useful paragraphs into the other pages.

Screenshots can wait a bit to be completed since we are not planning
to offer localized versions. We are assuming that they will be
insterted without footer. If there is any footer it should be
completed by the end of today as well.

Em, I'm sorry. What do you mean by "footer"? A caption for screenshots?
I've always fund them confusing for the old release notes. Ii would be
nice to have no screenshot captions.

Or do you mean the credits stuff? I would like to have that dropped as
well.

((Perhaps kit would be good to include a bunch of non-English
screenshots to i18nize them and also to showcase the i18n effort.
Non-Western characters, right-to-left, minority languages... It would
be cool to have screenshots in these languages - If you agree we can
forward to the translation team and make this sounded in Planet &
art.gnome.org))

You gotta ask Alex about screenshots.

Cheers,
Claus