Re: 2.16 slogan and banner

Panos Laganakos wrote:
> Cleaned up the "Your way home" a bit, and made a "Simply Powerful"
> one, with a planetary touch.
>
> http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-03.png
> http://panos.solhost.org/mockups/gnome-banner-04.png
>
> Also, Lucas' work looks very smooth and fresh, *thumbs up*.

Hi all,

I really like the second one (04), but as others said, it should use gnome-icon-theme instead and the "ful" shouldn't be highlighted. Also, maybe different icons would be a better idea - icons of things that are new/improved in 2.16. A good selection could be Gnome Power Manager, Tomboy, Deskbar applet and Metacity (a little window icon, maybe?)

Other than that, I think the choice of colours and font is great!

Thanks,
Alex

--
Alex Smith