Re: SpreadGNOME.org

SpreadGNOME.org would be glad to work with FootNotes or anyone else in the
community to merge resources to accomplish more for GNOME.

SpreadGNOME.org really isn't intended to be simply a news source -- for
the content that is on there currently, it's primarily just notices of the
major stable/development releases, and not news of when a package apart of
the GNOME project is updated or anything of that nature. The primary focus
is with promoting GNOME through marketing, etc... as basically an
organizational resource.

So I believe the intentions of both sites are slightly different, but I
would be open to working with anybody to help spread GNOME. And yes, I
have been on the GNOME marketing list for a while.

~ Michael

Hi!

I like the idea of promoting speakers -- provided you find people
willing to get promoted. ;-)

However, while thinking about a few more notes I started wondering
what we should do with footnotes? After all, you seem to have a rather
similar news feed and footnotes is already slow on news sometimes --
which is of course also due to the fact that it'd need some more people
as editors.

However, with two sites, we will just split our resources again.

Funny enought, there are two things that I've always wanted for
a spreadGNOME site:

  * An events calender similar to the one used by http://www.php.net/

  * The ability to generate different banners on the fly and record
    the success of the different designs and slogans.

Until today, I never had the idea to ask whether footnotes is able to
do that -- shame on me. Why shouldn't footnotes be able to promote
speakers as well?

So, my basic questions is: Is it useful to have two sites with nearly
similar capabilities and goals ?

Cheers,
Claus

P.S.: I'm not sure whether you're on this list already, thus the cc.

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:22:05 -0500 (CDT)