Re: Writing the 2.16 release notes (and press release)

El dc 23 de 08 del 2006 a les 11:41 +0200, en/na Vincent Untz va
escriure:

   - coordination: well, that's the job of the person who will slap the
     others when they're late ;-)

I can offer pure coordination. By "pure" I mean that I don't have 2.16
installed, I am no native English speaker and I am not skilled enough to
operate with the current wgo-cvs. I can help in the rest of tasks but
probably I can't complete anything.

   - writing the release notes front page
   - writing the start page
   + if we want a press release

Still no feedback about my proposal to have these three pages in a
single one. Less work for probably a better result.

   - preparing the wgo front page: I'm not sure what's needed here since
     I'm not up-to-date with the latest wgo development

wgo revamp doesn't affect at all the release notes. Business as usual in
the current wgo-cvs.

   - taking screenshots (or screencasts!)

We can ask the developers and people following Planet and art.gnome.org
for:

- Screenshots of the desktop and the applications featured. They should
reflect the original GNOME (i.e. not taken directly from Ubuntu Edgy)

- Screencasts based either on animated GIF (Byzanz, good for details) or
free video formats. I would use swf as well but if there is no
consensus, no problem.

I would ask Mirco if he has time to do an informal GNOME 2.16 tour
screencast. He is good at this. If we have it, great. If we don't have
it, no problem.

   - creating a live cd (or even better, live cds for various
     languages)

Can we have a LiveCD in several languages? In previous releases was
Ubuntu based, isn't it?

Quim told me he could do some work, and coordinate all this, but he's
fine with someone with more free time to step up :-)

Definitely.