Re: WGO : GNOME Software Map

--- Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

I think we need to get beyond the idea of "software
map" or "projects" and
start thinking about how we can best serve the needs
of our users - and our
software maintainers! Some things that we should
think about can not even be
boiled down to cvs or bugzilla module name (and note
that both of those can
be terribly inconsistent with what users know the
software as), bigger stuff
like the desktop experience...

The current project pages are a sort of orthogonal
slice through gnome  -- you have a front page aimed at
everybody, some screenshots, a download/how to get
page (which is sort of aimed at users, except most
users got all of our software installed by their
distro, no?), and then pages aimed at new and existing
developers.

Along similar lines to what Jeff says, I think we have
to rip this apart.
On www.gnome.org we want to provide an overview of the
software we offer.
On developer.gnome.org (or whatever it becomes after
it rises from the ashes) we want pages aimed at developers.

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html