Re: Kiss this Gman when you meet him

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 17:11 -0700, Glynn Foster wrote:

Not a huge amount as Paul said. There really wasn't a huge GNOME
presence at GUADEC, though quite a few people running Ubuntu [and
obviously GNOME]. We probably should have arranged a BOF or OSCamp
session, but the week was pretty busy as it was.

You must mean OSCON, not GUADEC.  I would be in panic if there wasn't a
huge GNOME presence at GUADEC . :-)

I think having a booth would have been good too, but requires a bit more
coordination in the weeks leading up to OSCON.

Maybe if you got stuff to give away.  But it's mostly about bling at
those booths as you rightly blogged earlier.  I never really got a lot
of people coming to the booth who didn't a) already use GNOME b) who
didn't really care, but was looking for free stuff.  Frankly I got kinda
bored.  The real stuff was in side conversations.

Perhaps if we had a more flashy booth with lights and booth
entertainment.

That said, I'm sorry I missed your lightening talk.  Unfortunately, it
seems there is a quota on number of conferences I could go to, and I
used mine up.

Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>