Re: Internet Marketing

I'm not sure whether using such general terms as 'desktop' is ok. Let's
be honest: people googleing for 'desktop' are probably not looking for
us. It won't result in any positive reaction (for us). It is a waste of
resources, for us and everybody else.

However, more specific terms such as 'desktop environment', 'Linux
desktop', 'GNU/Linux desktop', 'Unix desktop', combined or with
additional charateristics such as 'free', 'easy-to-use', or 'usable'
should be ok, IMHO. Translations of these terms will do, too.

There's no need to become number 1 on the results page. But it would be
nice to be listed on the first page of results for, say, 'easy-to-use
Linux desktop'. There's enought room for us and KDE and some others,
IMHO.

Cheers,
Claus

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 17:09:42 +0200