GNOME 2.12 Live CD contains beta packages + suggestion

Hi,

Ran the GNOME 2.12 live CD yesterday (I really like the artwork). I noticed that it does not contain 2.12 packages but packages of the last beta (2.11.92). Furthermore it contains the ubuntu packages of which some are heavily patched with features (E.g. the "Add To Panel" dialog) which are not present in stock gnome.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to add a debian directory to all projects in the desktop such that deb packages can be easily made? These packages can then be used for the LiveCD. Furthermore with adding a feature to jhbuild these packages could be build automatically. This way people can more easily test new features of GNOME.

Of course also rpm scripts could be added for people using rpm based distros

Jaap