Re: GOSCON report

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:40 -0400, Tim Ney wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 22:18 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

Oregon is probably one of the most open source friendly states
we have.

Very community oriented, too. I was able to visit and see the good work
at free geeks, Portland's exemplary computer reuse project.

Yeah, and there are a bunch of groups as well.  A group of corporate
free software enthusiasts meet up every once in awhile and there is the
linux group which is pretty strong here in Portland.

It was clear at GOSCON that agencies in other states will follow
the lead of my home state Massachusetts.  One thing that impressed me

Thats interesting news.  Did you get any good contacts that we would
be able to approach to provide say livecds or live demonstrations?
I could help if you have Oregon contacts.

Some vendors have provided demonstrations, but I'll pull together some
contacts there, if you are willing to follow up.

Sure, I can follow up.  You might want to ask them if they mind or not.