Re: Proposal for GNOME press release about Nokia device

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 12:47:54PM +0100, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:18:21PM +0200, Christian Fredrik Kalager
Schaller wrote:

Write a press release proposal then :) I am not married to my proposal,
but I am not writing a new one based on others people's vague ideas :)

Yes Sir, Christian Sir! :-)  I can attempt to write one later today.

Three days later...

Criticism is good, however sometimes it simply blocks attempts to do work.
Sri, you are a  few days overdue. ;-)

Here is my first draft.  I apologize for my lateness.  Thanks for the
gentle reminder. ;)

GNOME enters embedded device market with Nokia

GNOME Foundation announces the first mass market use of GNOME
technology through the Nokia 770 web tablet product.  Nokia's
confidence and support of GNOME shows the maturity and
stability of the GNOME based technology today.

“The GNOME Foundation is happy to see Nokia taking a very open
approach with this project, ranging from the use of open source
software to Creative Commons licensing for the graphics and artwork.
We think Nokia have set an example to follow.”, says Chairman of the
GNOME Foundation board, Owen Taylor.

GNOME Foundation is truly excited by Nokia's product line and looks
forward to extending the relationship to other interested parties
to propogate GNOME to other platforms and devices.

The GNOME foundation acknowledges it's debt of gratitude to Fluendo,
OPenedHand, and Imendio for their long years of support in funding and
advocacy of GNOME development.