Re: Norwegian LiveCD

On 5/22/05, Terance Edward Sola <terance lyse net> wrote:
Luis said (http://tieguy.org/blog/index.cgi/366)to drop by the marketing
list if you wanted a liveCD in your language. I would be interested in
making a Norwegian one. What does it take to do so? Which tools do I
need to be familiar with etc. ?

Hi, Terance!

Marcus Bauer* has gotten it down to a pretty fine art- at this point,
he needs mostly a splash screen in the language, a couple strings of
text, and that's about it.

You can also try your hand at translating some of the materials in:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/livecd-project/root-dir/etc/skel/Desktop/

Particularly:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/livecd-project/root-dir/etc/skel/Desktop/GNOME%20Project%20overview.abw
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/livecd-project/root-dir/etc/skel/Desktop/LiveCD%20Overview%20%28start%20here%21%29.abw

We don't have a formal mechanism for translating these yet; if you or
anyone on the norwegian translation team wants to help out with
suggestions on that, please let me know!

Hope this helps- Marcus I'm sure will have more details soon-
Luis

*(cc'd, not sure if he's on the list or not, Marcus, kick me if you are)