Re: more random brainstorming

On 5/20/05, Glynn Foster <Glynn Foster sun com> wrote:

Worth noting that this one is Jeff's fav. :)

Though it was 'Linux Desktop Defined'. :-)

Either way I'm admittedly not a huge fan, though I can't quite put my
finger on why- mostly probably because at this point it seems both
limiting (we do more than define) and hubristic (it's not really true
yet :) Also, defining just seems... so boring. Like, no one wants to
hang out with a dictionary. :)

It's also Linux specific. Of course Sun cares. Of course I care.

We know /you/ care, Glynn. And we love /you/. :)

If we had a number of different options, then that would be ok, but
restricting ourselves purely to Linux doesn't seem like a good idea [1]

Earlier in the thread, the 'Open Desktop' or 'Free Desktop' was mooted
instead of 'Linux Desktop.'

Luis