Re: evangelist users- the other key note from LCA marketing BOF

On 5/19/05, Marcus Bauer <mbauer tiscali fr> wrote:
On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 15:37 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:

Gnome does not really promote its ease of use.
releases), people's jaws drop, as you saw when you pointed out n-c-b.
"jaws drop" - that's absolutly exactly what it was (that person had
kicked several hundred pictures he needed for an insurance claim into
nirvana without having a backup).

We should be doing more, though I'm not sure how to structure the
website and other materials to do that better.

I had a look into apple/osx and believe it is close to perfect.

Havoc's README that comes

Which part?

The FAQ section.

This is part of why I like the 'heart of the desktop' theme; we get to
take credit for things like gimp, inkscape, etc.

I really like the 'heart of the desktop' :)

It was pointed out to me that it sounds pretty cheesy, which I readily
admit to. Alternatives from my thesarus:*
 + core
 + center
 + soul
 + hub

None of those sound particularly appealing to me either, though.
Perhaps we have to fall back to 'the desktop of choice'?

*gogogadgetAbiword!

* work with the Ubuntu folks to make the first truly accessible Linux liveCD

What do you mean with "truly accessible"?

Ah. By default, you can't use the liveCDs to demo accessibility
technology- many things aren't installed, aren't configured, etc.,
etc. Some details here:
https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/AccessibleHoaryLiveCDDerivative

* work with the monoppix folks (or others) to make the best mono liveCD

In a more general way: target audience developers = developer show case
(ide etc.) and some nice examples? Sounds good.

Yes. Currently there is a monoppix (good) which defaults to KDE (!!!).
We need to fix that; I've talked with them a bit but they aren't
really moving actively in my direction.

Luis